Hey everybody!
My orientation is in full swing here in Virginia, and while I'd like for my time to be more focused on enjoying things like this:
It really looks a lot more like I'm spending time doing this:
Oh, and also, this:
Yes, that's right, Fingerprints.
(We've been filling out a lot of forms, and this one required me to get dirty. That picture is after I've washed my hands. Twice.)
Well, really, I've been enjoying my time, meeting a lot of new people and really growing, learning from other peoples experiences. While I spend the majority of my day in classes, I get to meet and converse with other people at meals and evening and weekend activities, whether those activities are planned or impromptu. For instance, tonight the singles are going to a teacher's house for dinner.
The weather here is a lot like home, but about 5 degrees colder most of the time. And amazingly, that 5 degrees means much more SNOW! I'd been here all of 2 days before we had a nice dusting. The next day, our walkways were really icy, but within 2 days it had all melted. And then a couple of days ago, we had a 50 degree day. Yup, it's just like home.