Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hello from K-land!

Hello from K-land, everyone!  I am officially connected, internet-wise, although don't expect me to be online all the time, and probably not even every day.  Internet service here is like a 3G network and, from what I hear, I pay by the hour.  I'm gathering that it isn't a lot per hour, but they can add up quickly depending on how slow the internet is at the time I try to get things done.  Thanks to all who have been remembering me during the last couple of weeks as I traveled and as I got set up here.  I will eventually post pictures and reports on numerous things that I have been doing in the last 2 weeks, but for today, how about some info on my initial 2 days of travel?
 This would be my very last meal in the US for probably the next 2 years.
At the Dulles Airport: Cinnabon and some very delicious Juice that has no clothes on.

After I got stuck in Frankfurt, Germany for 24 hours, I had nothing to do so I went on a walk.  My hotel that the airport assigned to me was surrounded by the German equivalent of Interstates, so there was only one place to walk to and that was a historical area with 2 old German planes used to airlift supplies across the Berlin wall before it fell in 1989.

Also, I had to send out some emails from the hotel in Frankfurt, and I had to use the hotel's computer.  I swear it took almost 30 minutes to type out a 10 sentence email and it was all because of this keyboard:
It doesn't look like much but the simple switch between the Y and the Z was annoying beyond belief (plus, jet lag was hitting and I was crashing).

More pictures will come in the near future (which, for the next couple of years, I hope near future to mean "within a week or so").  I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope to schedule some much needed skype sessions with family and friends soon.  I love you all!